August 08, 2007

We're Both Still Here (As Far As I Know, Anyway)

I really have to get this Google Account thing figured out. Right now it takes me about 10 minutes just to log in, which is why I haven't posted nearly as often as I otherwise would...

I only have a few minutes, but I wanted to post quickly to say that so far, things still seem to be going ok. At our last appointment, Kiddo had grown to measure three days ahead, and the heartbeat was 173 - right on track.

Ob is on vacation this week - (the nerve!) - so my next appointment isn't until Tuesday. It's been the longest 9 days of my life, and there are still 6 more to go.

So far, I've been pretty calm and okay with things. I appreciate all of your comments on my last post. What Thalia said about Liana regretting that she didn't allow herself to enjoy her pregnancy before she lost Zappy really struck a chord. Regardless of whether this ends in 30+ weeks with us holding a healthy, bouncing baby or at some earlier point with a heartbreaking outcome, this is still the only pregnancy I'm going to get to experience with this baby, and I do want to enjoy it.

To that end, I've allowed myself to take a couple of little steps into the world of pregnancy. This week, I asked R to bring home a couple of pregnancy books from his parents' house. (When we moved last fall, I asked him to take all baby related things to his parents; I didn't want them in our new house.) And this weekend, I'm considering going maternity bra shopping with a friend. I'm only 9w3d - I can't believe how quickly I'm outgrowing some of my clothes.

I'll be back soon with more posts...

7 comments:

Marie-Baguette said...

I am so glad you posted. I was getting concerned. Congrats on your perfect scan! Yeah, my boobs gained a cup a month until I went from a B to a DD! And the rest of my body remained skinny for a while... A friend started to call me "Sweater Girl". My advice is that you get yourself some really good bras as boobs can really get sore. And I found that sleeping with light sport bras (the Gap has some cheap ones) really did help. Oh and the Belly Bands are a life saver too. I was too scared to buy pregnancy clothes for the first 4 months, but did not have to thanks to the Belly bands. Keeping my fingers crossed for you

Anna said...

OMG OMG OMG. Sooooo glad to hear that everything looked stellar at your scan! Wow. I'm keeping everything crossed for you. You totally need to update more often. I nearly passed out from holding my breath! ;)

And yes, enjoy every moment for what it is, regardless of what will happen. I'm personally hoping for a healthy wee one in about 30 weeks. :)

Nico said...

I'm so happy to hear that everything is still going well too. And glad you're able to make some small steps into the pregnancy world. Happy dance, happy dance!!

For some totally bizarre reason, I'm seeing this comment page in, I think, german??? or maybe swedish - "skjul kommentarer"??? Random!

Nico said...

On another note, a friend of mine used a bella band so she could wear her regular clothes until she was about five months. By that point it's a lot less scary to actually go into those stores!

Hopeful Mother said...

Great news on the scan and heartbeat!!!

Anonymous said...

YIPPEE!!

www.thewaitingline.typepad.com

Penelope said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. Custom Sisal Rugs