July 01, 2014

The Countdown Begins

It's still kind of hard to believe, but we are less than 4 weeks away from delivery. If Kiddo does not arrive on his own before then, he is scheduled to arrive on July 26. That is 38w0d, which is exactly the point at which Miss A arrived, of her own choosing.

With Miss A, I was sure we would have to go all the way to our scheduled day, which was 38w4d. She surprised us by coming 4 days early. With this Kiddo, I have a feeling he may be earlier than 38w0d. But then again, based on our history, that will probably mean he goes all the way to the 26th.

At the NST on Friday, I was having contractions. They were very mild, but I could feel them, and there were more of them than what I had with Miss A at that point in her pregnancy (1 contraction during the NST that I could not even feel). I've had more contractions here and there since then that I can definitely feel, but nothing on a regular basis. So that's part of what's making me think he may arrive early.

Also, he started to move down a couple of weeks ago and has pretty much stayed there. That's making me have to visit the restroom frequently, but I can certainly live with that. I really can't complain much about pregnancy at all - amazingly, my swelling (I'm 34w3d) is practically non-existent, which is even less than I had with Miss A.

The biggest challenge I'm having at the moment is that we live someplace where it gets ridiculously hot during the summers. I'm used to it, and it usually doesn't bother me at all, but being pregnant, the heat makes me light-headed and gives me tunnel vision if I'm not careful. So I'm trying to stay under ceiling fans all the time and avoid going outside during the warmest part of the day. At Miss A's annual cardiology appointment yesterday (it went fine), it started to get warm inside the exam room, and I had to go stand in the hallway where it was cooler for a little while. Hopefully my body will revert back to being able to handle the heat after delivery.

I am definitely a bit more relaxed - or maybe just too busy to be as obsessively stressed - this time around, but I still have my moments of nervousness. And I still repeat in my head the same silent prayer/request I constantly used with Miss A: Please, dear God, let this end well.

6 comments:

Erin Bakal said...

I am praying with you that things will end well and safely and I sure do hope that the heat challenges subside soon! Can't wait to see pictures of your little one; I'm sure that he'll be darling. I wonder what Miss A will think of him?

Wishing you nothing but good things as you head into the end of your pregnancy!

MrsSpock said...

You are in the home stretch! Crossing fingers for a smooth delivery and healthy baby!

Libby said...

Congratulations on making it this far! Hope you are enjoying this time around. Looking back, I feel bad sometimes that I was always so worried and not fully in enjoyment mode. It's just so hard when we've been through so much. Hoping for pure joy in these last few days and a wonderful delivery!

Reese said...

Hi! I'm so glad your pregnancy has been going well so far. Praying for a smooth home stretch and a healthy baby boy. Can't wait to hear news of his safe delivery!

Erin Bakal said...

4 days to go (if he hasn't already arrived!) Know that I'm cheering for you and for him and for everything going as easily as possible! Wowee-- things are about to get really real! :-)

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. carpet market abu dhabi