February 20, 2014

It Wasn't Amniotic Fluid

Thank you all for your comments and concern. Kiddo is doing well - he was moving around when we checked on him on Monday, and the ultrasound tech said there was plenty of amniotic fluid.

Apparently it really was just sweat. It didn't happen again to anything nearly that degree, so I wasn't too worried by Monday. I'm probably going to have to get used to it happening though, because I'm not due until August, and I live in a place where we're going to have 100-degree-plus temperatures long before then.

I apologize for the silence. I've gotten into my head again and gotten freaked out about something, so I've been ruminating on that for the past several days. I won't go into great detail, because I'm sick of me being in what seems to be a perpetually worried state about something, so I can't imagine how tired you guys are of hearing about it. I had been doing pretty well with the health anxiety, but it seems to have returned in full force lately.

Suffice it to say that I have what is best described as a bulge above my knee. (I'm not calling it a lump, because I can't feel a distinct mass - it feels more like the muscle is enlarged.) I've shown it to the perinatologist, and my PCP has ordered an MRI, which I will be getting on Wednesday. Odds, of course, are that it's nothing serious. However, I Googled "lump on quadriceps" and "bulge on thigh", and that was a mistake, because very scary things came up. Hence, the ruminating.

5 comments:

AP said...

So happy to hear kiddo and everything looks good!
PS: I regularly get sick of myself :)

Unknown said...

SO glad that turned out to be nothing! Hope that after the MRI, you get to relax for a long long time. Things that worry you will just continue to crop up though. It should just never be this level of worry.

Erin Bakal said...

Glad that you and the boy are ok, sorry that the mass (?) above your knee is worrying you.

Riya Joshi said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info. carpets underlay abu dhabi

Penelope said...

The blog are the best that is extremely useful to keep.
I can share the ideas of the future as this is really what I was looking for,
I am very comfortable and pleased to come here. Thank you very much!
jute carpet price