January 20, 2014

Feeling Nervous

Apparently, 10 days is my limit between ultrasounds before I start to panic.

Nothing is super-obvious wrong, but I have been having some pelvic pains today that I don't totally like. The best way I can describe it is if I was in the 3rd or 4th week, I'd be thinking "Yea, maybe these are implantation pains!" and I'd be happy about them. But now, in the 11th week, I'm thinking, "Why am I feeling these pains now? What do they mean?" And I don't like that.

I called the peri's office. When I'm there in person, they always tell me I can come in early if I need extra reassurance, but when I call, the nurse usually finds a way to put me off unless there's a critical sign, like bright red bleeding, which thankfully there's not.

So the nurse told me to drink lots of water because she thinks I'm probably dehydrated and that's what's causing the pains, and call them back if bright red bleeding develops. Otherwise, they'll see me on Friday, which is still 84 or so hours away. Not that I'm counting or anything.

I tried the Doppler again over the weekend, but still no luck. I don't think that's necessarily a bad sign - I'm "fluffy" and I have a titled uterus, so I realize it may take a few more weeks (or longer) to start hearing it on there.

I want this to work. For the obvious reason, and also because I am really, really ready to be done with the infertility treatment phase of our lives.

Reprising my refrain from Miss A's pregnancy: Please, God, let this end well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are they stabbing pains? Or like side stitches? I had both of those in the first trimester of my daughter's pregnancy. I had an SCH too but that was it for complications.

Good luck. Will be thinking of you!

Mrs R said...

Stretching pains? I got a lot of pain in the first trimester. Hanging out for your posts and have everything crossed for you!

AP said...

Hang in there!

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? exhibition carpets abu dhabi

Penelope said...

Great article this is very informative .......keep posting Thanks Regards
jute carpet sharjah