March 15, 2006

Maybe (Please God, Let it Be) Getting a Little Better

Well, the fiber tablets helped some, although not as much as I would have liked. Of course, them helping “as much as I would have liked” would have equated to making me feel 100 percent normal and back to myself instantenously, which was perhaps a slightly less than realistic expectation.

So in my impatientness, I called the doctor’s office again on Monday. The nurse called in a prescription for a powder that I’m supposed to mix into water or juice and drink. It, too, seems to be helping, although again not as quickly as I would prefer.

The abdominal pain is still there when I poke at it, and the pain I was feeling in my ribs seems to have migrated to my calf muscles now, even though I haven’t done anything unusual to exercise them lately.

But on the bright side, these past couple of mornings I haven’t seemed to be quite as nauseous when I woke up, and the really loud bowel sounds seem to be happening less loudly and less frequently. So hopefully those are good signs.

I can’t believe that I’m actually posting in detail about my gastrointestinal functions. I realize I sound a bit insane.

Regardless of the timing of all this, I’d probably still be at least a bit freaked out. But given that I’m supposed to start Lupron shots for our first IVF cycle in less than three weeks, I’m even more freaked out. I was feeling good, I was looking forward to a nice calm relaxing March after the stress of the past two months. And then this hit.

I e-mailed my RE last night to see what he thinks. I really don’t want to cancel the cycle, but I’m not sure if going forward with it is the best idea if I’m not feeling better. I’m going to see what the RE says, and then perhaps call my PCP to request some additional tests. I tend to be a bit of a meek mouse when it comes to stuff like that, but I really want to get this resolved.

2 comments:

Nico said...

I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better, even if it is taking longer than you had hoped. I do think that a little more testing to try and figure this out is not unwarranted.

Penelope said...

Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
Carpet Tiles Sharjah