September 18, 2011

More on the NT Scan

Of all the things I've been freaked out about so far with this pregnancy, ironically the NT scan wasn't one of them. I think it's probably because we had already done chromosomal testing on the embryos, so we know the chances of Kiddo being normal (in that respect, anyway) are 90%.

Both of the things that the tech looks for during the scan - the nasal bone and the nuchal fold thickness - looked good. The bone was visible, which is a good sign. And the fold measured 1.3 at 12 weeks; anything below 2.18 is normal at that point based on what I could find online. Both the tech and the peri said everything is looking exactly as they would expect it to look at this point.

Blood was drawn for the other part of the screening, and we should get those results back in a couple of weeks.

The rest of the appointment went fine, too. Not surprisingly, the peri isn't concerned about my progesterone level - she never measures it in her patients, so she said to just do whatever RE recommends. The current plan is for tonight to be the last PIO injection, continue the endometrin once a day, and recheck levels again on Wednesday.

I told R that I will see how I feel tomorrow, and if I think I can make it until Friday's appointment, I will cancel the Tuesday appointment. I know at some point I have to stop going twice a week...

On an unrelated note, to answer Libby's question on my last post: we downloaded I.Q.. It's a romantic comedy from the early 1990s, starring Meg Ryan and Tim Robbins. I'm very basic when it comes to movies - I like romantic comedies, or, occasionally, a regular comedy, and it better not have a sad ending. (I don't care if the ending is predictable, I just want to be entertained for a couple of hours, and I certainly don't want to wind up depressed at the end of it...)

We hadn't seen this particular movie before, and it was cute, at least the part of it that I saw. Meg Ryan was her perky romantic-comedy self, so however you felt about her in You've Got Mail, you'd probably feel the same in this movie. I fell asleep halfway through, not because it was boring, but because the fatigue that eased up for a few weeks has returned again. But R watched the whole thing, and he said it was my kind of movie. That's about as much of an endorsement that can be expected from a guy forced to sit through a chick flick...

6 comments:

Sue said...

Great news! I never really worried about the NT scan either...didn't do one with DD and did just the u/s part this time. Its not just that we did CGH (though that helps), its more that I didn't care b/c these babies are my miracles and I didn't want to mar that with worry. So...u are doing so well! I am so ridiculously excited for you (its funny, I know b/c we've never met, but its been YEARS and I could cry I am so excited for you).

Enjoy those 2x a week u/s's while you can and don't feel bad about it:-) Also - I am the same way now about movies and books...entertain me, make me laugh and send me on my way. If I hear that there are sad parts or it is too serious, I have NO INTEREST at all in watching it. Guess I'm not that deep...life is sad and hard enough in reality!

MyTwoLines said...

Super good news on the scan--I hope you continue to feel better and better about the whole amazing experience!

SLES75 said...

so glad things are progressing well...Every day is an accomplishment and every week is a milestone...so happy the scan went well....


As always you'll be in my thoughts and prayers...

Reese said...

I found I didn't rely on the ultrasounds so much for reassurance after I started feeling movements around 18 weeks or so. I know you have been taking this journey day by day, so I don't think you should feel badly at all about having two appointments weekly. Besides, I like hearing about your progress twice a week!

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? black carpet Dubai

Penelope said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
Wooden Fooring Suppliers in Dubai