September 02, 2011

Double Digits

I'm beginning to feel like a broken record, but in a good way.

There's still a heartbeat. It was down to 167 or 168 today (from 182 a week ago), but I know it usually peaks at about 9 weeks and then starts to slow back down again, so I'm trying not to worry. Both the u/s tech and the peri said it was fine.

We are finally into the double digits! Kiddo measured at 10w1d today, so 1 day ahead of schedule and almost exactly 1.5 inches in length. My retroverted uterus has also started to move into the correct position, although the tech guessed it'll probably take another couple weeks to get completely straightened out.

Today, Kiddo was on his/her stomach, the head slightly lower than the body. We could see an arm waving and the body moving a lot, but we couldn't really see the legs/feet today. No toe viewings. :- (

Since I haven't had any bleeding in 15 days, the peri said I can start to do light activity around the house. No exericsing, no heavy housework (ha! Even when I'm not pregnant, heavy housework is not likely to happen), no returning to work yet. She said we can discuss returning to the office during next Friday's appointment, depending on how the week goes. I did get permission to go to a movie, though, so I'm looking forward to an out-of-the-house adventure that does not involve lab work or an ultrasound wand...

The Tuesday ultrasound really helped with the stress factor - I was more calm going into this ultrasound than any of the prior ones. Of course, the fact that I had to go to the bathroom about 15 times yesterday (literally) and felt nauseous this morning also helped, too.

But I'm still only scheduling appointments one week at a time. I'm happy, I'm thankful, but I'm still taking this in very small increments.

11 comments:

Silver said...

Oh happy, happy, happy! Have been looking our for news and I like this kind :-). Wishing you many more of such reassuring moments. x

Reese said...

glad to hear things are going so well! One day at a time.

MrsSpock said...

That is SO wonderful! I ended up hiring a maid twice a month this last time (fibro and arthritis) and let them do all my heavy housework the entire pregnancy. Best money I ever spent! If I get a promotion this month, I will be hiring her again!

Libby said...

Finally, maybe things are settling down! I sure hope so! Double digits is great...gotta a good feeling about this one :)

MyTwoLines said...

Yay you deserve some settling down! And phooey on housework--I say NONE for the full nine months!

SLES75 said...

so glad to hear things are going well!!! I can't wait to hear what happens at your next appointment!

As always, keeping you in my prayers....

Rachie Pachie said...

So happy to hear that!! So excited for you & I hope you have a wonderful night out at the movies!

Sue said...

yay!!! I am so excited for you! that sounds like a healthy little bean in there! Those 2x a week ultrasounds sound perfect! Don't do too much. Just 2-3 more weeks until the first breath of relief...and don't forget, every week you see your little one moving around and its little heart beating, you are less and less likely to lose him or her. This is AMAZING! Oh...and 10 weeks is when my MS usually starts to improve, so if that happens, don't freak out!!! (With DD, it was awful and then totally disappeared one day during the 10th week, I almost had a heart attack). Hugs!!!!

Nico said...

double digits with a nice strong heartbeat like that is lovely. As is two weeks with no bleeding. *grin*

Riya Joshi said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility? red sisal carpet

Penelope said...

This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
Engineered Wood Flooring