August 07, 2011

Hanging In There

I think the Kiddo is still in place. My sanity is still relatively intact.

Apparently, I'm becoming more used to living with uncertainty and unpredictability. Either that, or R is secretly spiking my food with valium. (Just kidding, although I wouldn't necessarily mind that at this point.)

Once I got home and back into bed yesterday, the bleeding slowed. I was hoping it would completely stop overnight. Unfortunately there was still a little bit of red at that point, but it was darkish red rather than bright red, and by late morning today I think I'm pretty much back to the brown spotting point.

The next ultrasound is in about 98 hours - not that I'm counting or anything - so we'll see what that shows if something doesn't go very obviously wrong before then.

I'm on Lovenox 40 ml twice a day and a low-dose aspirin once a day for hetero Factor V Leiden and hetero MTHFR. I haven't taken any more of my doses since the bleeding started again yesterday.

I left a message for the reproductive immunologist who prescribed it, letting them know I had started bleeding again, was stopping the meds again and telling them to call me if I needed to do anything else. I haven't heard back yet, so I'm assuming there's nothing else for me to do from their perspective and they'll call me tomorrow. If I don't hear from them by late morning, I'll call them again. Based on Silver's comment on my last post (thank you, Silver!), I want to ask them about whether they think it might be best to hold off for now and restart if I make it to the second trimester.

In the meantime, I'm trying to resist the urge to ask R to bake me chocolate chip cookies. Do you think my life revolves way too much around food?? :-)

6 comments:

Sue said...

Oh...but chocolate chip cookies are so warm and homey and comforting. I hope you did get some!!!!

I am glad that things slowed down a lot. I can't remember which of my friends had the serious bleeding in the first trimester, and its driving me nuts. But, she had clots coming out and lots and lots of blood and nothing shook that little baby growing, so I know it is possible...though it is incredibly unfair! Definitely call the doc back again this morning and get all the information you can on staying on it/going off it/ decreasing the doses.

I am totally staying with this ride, I am incredibly impressed by your perseverence and think that you two will make amazing parents. And, personally, I think you are on your way...I just really wish the road was less bumpy! (my old RE used to say that the only people who DON'T end up having kids (one way or the other) are those that give up...it was his pep talk and it took me through a lot too).

Patience said...

Thinking of you my dear. Hoping and Wishing that it will be nothing but smooth sailing from here on out! :)

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your journey...I came across your blog from another...and I am going through the same thing you are right now but a week behind. On and off bleeding with a new pregnancy (after loosing a few). Your story gives me hope. Wishing you the best and good luck with the next u/s.

Erin Bakal said...

Waiting with baited breath... what's the hour countdown for the u/s now? Hoping that you've had no more scary bleeding...

Riya Joshi said...

Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome. green carpet Dubai

Lighting Athens said...

Nice blogg you have