May 04, 2010

Transfer Time

We're heading to the clinic for the transfer in about 45 minutes. We decided to transfer 1, unless the first one doesn't look good upon thaw, in which case they'll thaw another one and then we will transfer both.

I had been strongly leaning toward 1 anyway, and then when a nurse called on Sunday with my instructions, I told her that we wanted to do 1 but I wanted to confirm with RE that he didn't feel strongly about transferring 2. She said given my age and the high percentage of normals we had, their standard is now to transfer 1 in those kinds of cases. (Apparently this is a change that took place a couple of months ago; before that, the standard was 2.)

So that gave me the final bit of peace I needed to go forward with one. A ridiculous amount of shopping over the weekend - mostly for clothes I hopefully won't fit into in 2 months and sexy, strappy black high heel shoes I never have an occasion to wear - helped relax me, too... :-)

9 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

I agree with transferring one. If you see their data published, it is astonishing the number of twins and even higher they wound up with in their first round of CGH transfers. And the goal is always one healthy pregnancy and I really think you have a fantastic shot at that! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Mo said...

thinking of you!!!

Mo

Mara said...

Delurking to say good luck! I am really excited for you.

Anna said...

Good luck! I've got all my bits crossed for a successful transfer! :)

Hopeful Mother said...

I hope you don't need the fabulous new clothes and shoes you bought!!

Hoping for good progress and news to come.

MrsSpock said...

Good luck! Good luck!

Nico said...

From me too!!! HOlding my breath and crossing my thumbs that you end up on the right side of the odds for ONCE!

Kate said...

Here's hoping buying all sorts of clothes that you can't wear if pregnant will ensure that the transfer works!

Penelope said...

Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
Office Carpet Tiles